There are many benefits of the AQA Unit Award Scheme (UAS) to the student and to the centre.
• flexibility in rewarding and celebrating success;
• increasing engagement, self-esteem, motivation and performance;
• supporting lifelong and personalised learning;
• promoting inclusion;
• helping course delivery planning and target setting;
• use over a short time and prompt issue of certificates;
• accredits learning which may otherwise go unrecognised;
• detailed certification making it easy to see what has been achieved;
• use as a ‘stepping stone’ towards full qualifications and awards.